The National Institutes of Health issued NOT-OD-09-107 to announce the continued availability of educational loan repayment under the extramural Loan Repayment Programs (LRP). This Notice contains general eligibility criteria for all five LRPs. Specific program objectives and eligibility criteria are included in each of the following five specific LRP Notices:
- Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Clinical Researchers (LRP-CR), NOT-OD-09-108
- Extramural Pediatric Research Loan Repayment Program (LRP-PR), NOT-OD-09-109
- Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Health Disparities Research (LRP-HDR) , NOT-OD-09-110
- Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Contraception and Infertility Researchers (LRP-CIR), NOT-OD-09-111
- Extramural Clinical Research Loan Repayment Program for Individuals from Disadvantaged Backgrounds (LRP-HDR), NOT-OD-09-112
The overall purpose of the extramural LRP is the recruitment and retention of highly qualified health professionals as research investigators. Additional detailed Information about each LRP is provided at http://www.lrp.nih.gov/about/extramural/intro.htm.
The NIH invites qualified health professionals who contractually agree to engage in NIH mission-relevant research for at least two years, and who agree to engage in such research for at least 50 percent of their work schedule (not less than 20 hours per week based on a 40-hour work week), to apply for participation in the extramural LRP.
Each of the five extramural LRPs provide for the repayment of educational loan debt of up to $35,000 annually for qualified health professionals performing research within the mission of NIH at domestic, non-profit, or government entities. The five extramural LRPs have specific eligibility requirements and funding set-asides (see above links to individual LRPs).
LRP applications will be accepted annually from September 1 through December 1, 8:00 p.m. EST. Applications must be submitted electronically using the NIH Loan Repayment Program Website, www.lrp.nih.gov.
See more information in NOT-OD-09-107.